Just a quick update today, I finally got around to finishing off Em's bed!
Isn't it pretty?
It's the FJellse bed from Ikea (where else?!). It was €56 for the everything but the mattress, and it's solid pine.
Gavin cut down and sanded the headboard posts before he put it together as I wanted to use my own, so we were left with this....
So I just used my trusty staple gun to attach strips of batting (any fabric shop will have it, mine was €5.50 a meter and I made one meter do the job!) around the edges. I flipped the whole thing over to do the bottom first.
I added the fabric at this point as well, so both layers were done all the way around on the bottom, and then I flipped the whole thing back over to staple it all on the top.
|Sorry for the terrible quality photos, the weather was awful when I was doing this and the room was really dark. You get one chance to do something around here, there are no do-overs where pics are concerned!|
That was the upholstering part taken care of. I had sprayed the legs before the bed was put together to try and jazz them up a bit.
I just used frogtape to tape off sections and then spray painted them. I did two coats, they took about thirty minutes each to dry.
And that's it! One more thing crossed off the list for Emilia's room, and the whole thing, mattress and everything, cost less than €120 :)
We're just finishing up something pretty cool in the dining room, you can see where it's going in the pic below. Hopefully it'll be ready to share this week! I'm not promising anything though, the terrible twosome have a way of sensing when you really want to get something done and choosing that exact time to show you who's really boss around here!
Comments make the world go 'round....